Are you desperately trying to build your business online, using digital marketing strategies, but you are inundated by all that is required to become successful?
When running our own business, we tend to spread ourselves a little bit thin. OK, maybe that’s an understatement. We can’t seem to find enough hours in the day to accomplish what we needed to get done by yesterday.
What I recommend first and foremost is to develop and stick to a solid daily routine that works for you.
Its just not possible to keep up with everything which needs to be done, especially if you are new to online/digital marketing. Unless you're superhuman (in which case you really don't need my advice lol.)
A solid routine can consist of activities such as:
- 30 mins of mindset training
- creating and sharing a piece of content
- 30 mins of marketing training
- Reading quality blog posts or watching niche-related videos
- Connecting with people.
The Second thing I recommend is not to be afraid to outsource certain elements of your business when necessary.
Apart from the obvious time-saving advantage, the best part is outsourcing does NOT need to cost much money at all!
My 2 favourite ‘goto' sites are: Fiverr.com and Upwork.com. Both are free websites. On Fiverr.com you simply search for a service and on Upwork.com you can either search for someone in the niche your niche or you can post a job description and accept a ‘candidate'.
However, like everything in life, there are advantages and disadvantages to consider when you are outsourcing – which is why this article will help:
What is outsourcing?
Outsourcing refers to the way in which businesses entrust certain processes of their business to external vendors. Any business process that can be done digitally can be outsourced.
There are several factors you need to take into account before you outsource any of your digital marketing:
1 – Will I get added value?
2 – Will there be any risks involved (e.g. allowing others access to your personal blog)
3 – What are the cost implications vs the net gain?
4 – How much effort and contribution will be required from me as input?
Before handing over the reins, be sure you're working with the right partner. While technology makes it much easier than it once was to find capable, reliable outsource providers, the selection process is still vitally important. A good starting place is your own network;
For example I outsourced the creation of my new blog to a known and recommended asquaintance.
In the absence of a good recommendation from a friend or acquaintance, there are other options.
Where Do You Find People To Outsource
"Finding the right vendor means having access to the right information about the prospective contractors," says Zack Fuentes, CEO of BidModo.
Outsourcing sites, such as Upwork.com (formerly O'Desk) usually allow you to see how previous clients rated prospective vendors' work, as well as detailed profiles of the vendors.
Communicate your expectations and the steps included in the job clearly; never assume that contractors are thinking what you're thinking.
"When there is a problem [with the work], I am often the one to blame, as my instructions may not have been clear enough," says Jeremy Belcher, owner of FoxyMelody.com. "It is very important that the requirements and expectations are laid out in the beginning, and that nothing is left to assumption."
I once got caught out by this myself. My aim was to outsource a simple, but time-consuming task on YouTube. I actually ended up spending MORE time in communication with the contractor and then time correcting elements he had done wrong, than it would have taken me to do the job myself.
What I learned from this experience was to set up ongoing communication with a contractor and to encourage them to ask questions whenever things are not perfectly clear. Skype seems to work very well for this.
3 Advantages of Outsourcing
- Increased efficiency – Removing the details allows you to focus on the larger issues within your business.
- Access to skilled resources – Often the people you choose have specialist knowledge in the task required.
- Time zone advantage – Get your job done while you are closed for the day and wake up to your service being delivered the next morning.
3 Possible Disadvantages To Consider
- Hidden Costs – Remember, this is the outsourcing company's business. They have done this before and they are the ones that write the contract. Make sure you won't need to pay additional charges.
- Threat to Security and Confidentiality – If you need to hand over any login details, for example, make sure you change them as soon as the job is finished. It is better to work with people who you trust – recommendations are best.
- Quality Problems – Since the contract will fix the price, the only way for someone to increase profit will be to decrease expenses. As long as they meet the conditions of the contract, you will pay.
As you can see, outsourcing can prove very advantageous and high-value. However, there are considerations bear in mind before you jump in.
If you're looking for a low-cost answer to outsource your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – to rank your website/blog posts or videos on major search engines such as Google THIS is The Resource You Need
angelaboswellblog.com Internet Marketing Blog
“Helping You Build A Successful Business Online!”
P.S. For A ‘done-for-you' solution for search engine optimisation I recommend this resource: Rank & Stick SEO